Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So much going on!

It's hard to even remember everything we've been doing.

On Sunday Zane went to an agility trial with me. He did beautifully. He actually wanted to go visit some dogs, he was excited and goofy the whole time, and no signs of fear. There was some hesitation at times, but no outright fear. My oldest daughter came to watch and she walked him around. He didn't want to go with her at first, but a handful of treats convinced him.

In Nosework, he's gone from just working boxes to working various objects. The first time I took him into the room with the objects, he thought we were shaping. He went to every object and said, "Look! I can touch it with my nose. I can whack it with my paw. I can do paws up. I can do two-on-two-off. I can stand on it. I can sit on it. What do you want?" He finally figured out there was food hidden and got searching. He's done two more searches since then and went right to using his nose.

This morning we worked on some foundation work for go-outs. I had a target that I would send him to. Then I started building a small chain by sending him to the target, and when I would usually click, I gave him the cue to sit. That way the cue acts as a reinforcer to the previous behavior. It took him a couple of tries to figure out how to sit way out there away from mama, but he got it. Now to start adding more distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment