Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hot Dog Heeling

When we first started hot dog heeling, Zane would get a couple of nibbles, then walk along wishing he could have more.  If he had pushed into it, he could have!  This week at Rally, he was definitely more pushy - that's exactly what I want!  The only time we had a problem was for the schutzhund turn - he didn't want to leave the hot dog!  But I can definitely feel a difference in the level of intensity in his heeling.  Hopefully we get the level of drive I want from this.

We working on his chin target again.  I want him to maintain it while moving.  He actually does a nice sidepass to the right, but has harder doing a sidepass to the left while maintaining a chin target.  He can also move forward.  But he's not pushing into a chin target when I just hold it out.  He'll lightly rest his chin when it's stationary, but not give the pressure I want.  So we're working on that.  I want him to learn to really push into things.

Bella is on break from agility, so he went to her agility lesson this week.  We skipped weave poles as we haven't even started them, and he had issues doing contacts on the a-frame.  Then again, we've just started doing a-frames, so that doesn't surprise me.  And yes, he went on the dogwalk and a-frame and teeter willingly!  Yay Zane!

No comments:

Post a Comment