Friday, March 4, 2011

Retraining the dogwalk

Zane is having fun unrolling the yoga mat. I think I need to move him to a rolled up carpet!

Zane is on a program to re-train the dogwalk. He's never been completely comfortable on it. His goal is to get across it as fast as possible. I want him to be comfortable. And after his fall yesterday, it's going to take some work. The first thing I did was lower the dogwalk. Then I started rewarding any movement on it. Then I had to get him to stop on it. And we worked on sit and down on it.

This evening when we went out, I had him go across it a couple of times (he still wants to avoid it), then just scattered the rest of his meal across it. He went back and forth eating his dinner.

Here's a vid of this morning's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment