Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stands, Paws Up, Rear Awareness

This evening I put out 4 objects that Zane could do Paws Up on. I didn't give any cues, just waited for him to interact. He would easily do Paws Up, often climbed completely on, and when doing Paws Up, I often got the rear foot movement I want for rear end awareness. He'll eventually figure it out - I want him circling the object completely with his rear feet while his front feet stay on the object.

We also started working on stationary stands - not asking him to go from a sit to a stand, just holding a stand when already doing it. I tethered him and as he stood there I clicked and gave him a treat in a position where he remained standing. We did that for about 20 clicks, then I started playing with getting him to "step" to move the front feet forward to get him into a stack. He often steps forward with a back foot too, but often just moves the front foot I want. More fun to figure out!

No comments:

Post a Comment