Thursday, September 2, 2010

Transferring cues and training fun

I am now transferring Zane's down cue to a signal (the signal I'll use in utility). He doesn't get it yet - he often sits - but he is watching and figuring it out.

I've never taught a sit as a sit/maintain before. This is interesting. I started teaching him door manners this week - they have to sit and wait at the door while I open it then release them. I asked him to sit, opened the door, and he just sat there and said, "Yeah, so? You told me to sit." He never budged. He didn't try to escape out the door. He just sat until released. That was easy!

Now for some fun training. This is Zane's 3rd training session learning "Paws Up".



Here he is playing the wobble board. Beth had a wobble board in with the puppies, so he's used to and doesn't have to go through the initial intro to something moving under his feet.



Zane - 12 weeks

Zane - 12 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment