Saturday, December 25, 2010

Thankful for my puppy

I've watched the video of Zane learning under several times, and every time it hits me how far he has come. For the first two months I had him, he was not into training much. For his meals, I could get maybe three reps out of him, then I had to just give him the rest of his meal. He wasn't very motivated to work and wasn't very motivated for his food. He wouldn't offer behaviors. He wouldn't try things. He wanted to know why he should do anything.

Look how far he has come. He is offering behaviors. He's working to solve the puzzle of the criteria I'm looking for. He doesn't give up - if I don't click, he doesn't shut down (like he would before); he keeps trying until he figures it out. He's eager, he works for a whole meal now, training is a game.

I'm so pleased and thankful for how far he has come. I think he's going to be a dog that I can do anything with. He's working through his fear issues and really integrating into the world (like he had a choice - he gets drug everywhere!)

Today I'm thankful for my puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment