Sunday, November 14, 2010

Eyelashes. . . Oh my

Zane is definitely feeling better. I haven't worked him since Wednesday, and he spent all morning staring at me until I got up and did something with him. I love dogs who want to work and insist on it!

Zane has a long, long, long eyelash above each eye. Jill wants me to trim them. What do you think?
Zane's eyebrows - 5 months

Today I watched Susan Salo's Puppy Jumping DVD and worked the first exercise.



We took this video last week. We were trying to get a video of Zane gaiting, but as you can see, he is now a gazelle. He leaps! Unfortunately, Jill broke her toe, so I haven't had any more help to try to get another video. And yes, I giggle every time he leaps. That doesn't help matters any.

5 comments:

  1. I just read an article on whiskers & eyebrows on dogs & cats and how they have large root systems connected to nerves as they serve as guidance systems for them. I know lots of show dogs trim - but after reading about it I wouldn't do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't typically trim, but I may shorten those a touch. They're long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make your jump bumps? I have heard it's easy to do, but I haven't yet. I want to start my pup on puppy jumping soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my jump bumps. I figure that by the time I buy that huge PVC and get it cut, it's about as expensive as buying them. And it's not readily available here. . . so. . . I paid the money.

    For a good alternative, how about 3 pool noodles, taped into a triangular shape for the large bump? (It would be taller than the regular large one.) Or even 3 closet rods (cut to the right length). You want a "rounded" shape to them - not flat. Hmmm, how about a line of split logs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could find them sold locally. When I looked into getting them from Clean Run, the shipping was almost as expensive as the set!

    ReplyDelete