Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Flash Sessions

This morning Zane and I had great fun with our first "flash session". This term was started (as far as I know) by trainer Linda Koutsky. A flash session is a short, but intense, training session. Instead of working one thing, you mix and match and throw lots of things into the session. I usually do it to music (one song and you're done!), but didn't this morning.

So in about a 3 minute flash session this morning, we did finding heel, rear pivot from the left, finding side (right side), rear pivot from right, peek (coming up between my legs from the back), stand, heel, down in front, moving down (still needs lots of work), down in heel, get in, stand in front, stand in heel, down on signal, and I don't remember what else. It was all very quick, very fun, and it kept him very engaged and focused.

2 comments:

  1. That is an excellent idea! I think I will try to make it part of our morning routine. Each dog gets a song and some quick exercises before I have to dash out the door to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Flash Sessions. You can accomplish so much in a short amount of time. And they are fun!

    ReplyDelete