Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crate Games Success

Crate Games went much better today. The secret? Chicken!

Now he sits in the crate with the door open, waiting for his chicken. When I release him from the crate, he just wants to get back in to get more chicken. Perfect!

The boys insist on calling him "Skinner". So, his crate is now "box". So when I want him to go into his crate, I use the cue "box" instead of "go to your crate" like I used with Bella.

When we are out walking and I stop, he immediately sits and stares at me. It is so cute! I'm not going to complain about that response from him.

We were out walking the property and I lost sight of him. So I called, "Zane, come!" Then I see him. He had stopped to poop, but I had called, so he was doing his best to get to me while still pooping. Poor puppy! He got a big reward for that.

Crate Games were the main focus today, but we did get in sits and eye contact too. I want that eye contact file to be huge! When he isn't sure what to do, I want him to think, "Oh, I can look at her and it's always right!"

No comments:

Post a Comment