Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Zane vs The Beetle

For breakfast, we played the name game. I sit on the floor, say his name, click and give him a piece of kibble. For lunch, I called his name, but waited for him look at me before clicking. He's really starting to get the idea. For dinner, I did "Zane come!" while walking backward. When he started to move toward me, I clicked and gave him his dinner.

He's been much better in his crate today. Screaming sessions are much shorter and he actually settled down quickly for his naps. Whew! I also put a collar on him. He's not used to one, and he is stopping a lot to scratch it. He's also dragging a floor cord and getting used to a leash.

We discovered one problem with potty training. Mid-day, the ground is so hot he doesn't want to walk on it. He runs back to the porch. I may need to make him a little shaded potty area and carry him to it.

He has figured out where the water in the house and the water on the back porch are so he can get his own drinks now.

This evening we were sitting outside and Zane got the puppy zoomies. He ran in circles, then would throw himself into a pile of grass and "hide". Then he'd zoom around again. It is way too cute. Unfortunately it was too dark for a video.

But. . . we did get a video of Zane vs The Beetle. This was a huge beetle. It looked like a June Bug, but was over 1.5 inches long. He loved playing with the beetle. He would paw it and try to bite it, but didn't like those prickly legs.






Zane vs The Beetle

Zane - 8 weeks

Got Milk?

Got Milk?

Got Milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment