Sunday, October 3, 2010

Companion?

I'm currently listening to the book Through a Dog's Eye. The author talks about the CBTI - Canine Behavior Type Index. You can take the test at http://www.petconnectgame.com.

The test says that Zane is SGM - a companion. Here's what they say about a companion:
The Companion has the softest, most charming character for a family pet. They are funny, silly, laid back, subservient and obedient. It is rarely serious, is everyone's friend and its favourite pastime is to 'ride' the couch. The most unobjectionable combination of traits. Do not expect it to be a strong watch dog, athlete, or seem especially clever.


I'm not sure I got the correct results, but I think it's probably close. Zane is very serious - so the "rarely serious" doesn't fit. Clever? He's definitely not as quick as Bella at learning. But I also don't think he'll have the imagination to come up with all the variations I don't want. Like I've said before, it's going to be interesting to see how he matures.

Remember the Relaxation Protocol? After our 2nd try at it that was disastrous with all the distractions that occurred, I decided to drop it for a bit. After working chair fronts, sits, and downs today, I decided to try it again. Did Day 1. He passed it for both sit and down! Good boy! Now on to Day 2.

He's still practicing his mat work for his breakfast. He's very good at it. "You just want me to lie here on this cushion? Got it! My kind of job!"

Bad mommy forgot to give him his lunch today. He cleaned his dinner bowl. Maybe he needs to send me to my crate.

No comments:

Post a Comment