Monday, October 18, 2010

Stand and Relax

Things have been so busy around here. I'm working on a new website, and spend all my spare computer time getting it going.

Zane is still working on the same old things. Getting more and more good downs on a verbal only. And getting some anticipation of downs - I'll take that! At least he's thinking about them!

This morning I added a stand to his training. Not going from a sit to a stand - just standing. I have him tethered and when he is still - all four feet solid and not moving, I will click. Gradually, I will build the time between clicks. Then I will start adding touches and light pressure to help him learn to hold that stand.

I haven't pulled out the Relaxation Protocol since he passed Day 1. So I pulled it out this morning. He did Day 2 in both a sit and a down with no problem. Maybe I'll make it a goal to do one day a week. That way we still progress without pushing him too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment