Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Three and Four?

I was reading somebody's post today that they taught their dog to move their back feet on the cues "Three" and "Four" (because they would be the third and fourth feet placed when hand-stacking). Hmmm. I may think about that. Right now I'm just saying toe when I want him to move a back foot back, but wasn't sure how to let him know which one to move - I can't change sides to point to the foot I want moved when the judge is there looking at him. It can't hurt to play with this.

This afternoon we started working on getting a down with a utility signal. Of course, it's new cue (signal) then old cue (verbal). He has no clue yet what that arm up in the air means.

I also tested his understand of the cues "sit" and "down". Once he does a down, he wants to do it again. He finally started figuring out that sit does mean sit. One time he started to go down, then half sat, so I clicked, and he pushed into a full sit and held it.

We're playing with scent work again. I'm using an Eclipse metal mint tin for now. I'm starting to be able to hide it in a little more hidden place. I don't see a lot of scenting yet, but it will come. On a side note, Bella is up to going into a room and sniffing it out when she has no clue where it is. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment