Saturday, October 30, 2010

Scent Progress

Tonight Zane progressed in his scent work. He is definitely scenting!

He's been finding a small metal mint container (Eclipse mints). Tonight I added a little leather change purse. I want him working both metal and leather early.

I made the leather hunts easy. The first couple were just a couple of feet away, and he watched me place them. The last one was hidden around a corner, still in plain sight once he turned the corner, but he didn't see exactly where I put it.

With the metal, he sits while I place it out of sight. He can see the area of the room I'm in, but he can't see where I place it (I was doing it in the bedroom and hid it on the opposite side of the bed or in the closet).

He was going to the area and sniffing and sniffing and sniffing until he found it. Good boy! And he's holding his sits while I hide it. That's even bigger, as he really wants to go get it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment