Thursday, January 20, 2011

Agility

Yesterday as I was sitting here at my computer working, Zane brought a tug toy over, held it while resting his chin on my leg, his eyes giving me a pleading look. Ok! Break time! We went out and played with some agility.

I had four jumps set up - three in a pinwheel and the fourth set up like the start of another pinwheel. So we did the pinwheel then a rear cross to the fourth jump. The first two times, I got a spin on the rear cross. Then after that, he had it! No more spins. And he's actively looking for the jumps now rather than looking back for the tug toy and missing the jumps.

This morning we went out and worked contacts on a-frame, dogwalk, and teeter. He sees me heading for one, and he runs and gets into two-on-two-off. So after working the contact a bit, I asked him to get in it while I stayed behind him. He can do it on the dogwalk, but has more trouble on the a-frame. He tends to go off and turn back to me. He does eventually get it, but it needs more work. I think lowering the a-frame will help too. I need help for that though.

I did ask him to walk over the whole dogwalk today. That was very, very scary. He would get halfway up the ramp and want to bail. So I just held his collar and supported him across. He did it twice. He definitely needs some confidence work on it!

After doing contacts, we did a couple of jumps. I would send him over a jump, have him wrap it, then front cross to another jump. No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment