Sunday, January 16, 2011

Smorgasbord

It's been a smorgasbord of training today. We just did lots of short little sessions of many different things.

Let's see. We worked on:
Carry my purse (by the handle please Zane)
Jump into my arms (right now I'm doing it while I sitting and gradually working my way to standing)
Leg Weave (He can do 3 or 4 weaves, but it's not fast or fluent yet. We need speed and enthusiasm.)
Paws on my arm
Jump through a hoop (Completely shaping this. Oddly, he's decided that he only jumps it one way. He walks around it and jumps from the other side. And he went through the whole gamut of nose touch, paw touch, bite it, under it, around it, etc.)

I looked for a bike horn today. Can't find one.

This evening a plastic storage container fell and made a loud noise. He went running. Ok, learning opportunity. I dropped it and tossed a treat to him. Dropped it, tossed a treat. Gradually got the treat closer and closer. Finally I would drop and put the treat on top. He would start to run, then turn back for it. I think I'll start dropping things before every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment