Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More distance and more food bowl distractions

We continued our distance work with more work on "go" - meaning keep going straight ahead. I set up a straight sequence of jump-tunnel-jump-table. We started with the table. Run to the table and find the cookies on it. When he was confident with that, he did jump-table to get the cookies while I stayed by the jump. And I added in the down after he got his cookies. He's getting good distance on his down too!

Then he did tunnel-jump-table. No more turning back after the tunnel! He just kept going. Awesome. Then he did the whole sequence while I stayed back at the beginning.

Then we worked a bit on out. I had four jumps set in an arc. I could only take a straight line from the first to the last jump - no curving in. He had to move away from me to take the jumps. No problem! He has learned to look for the jump ahead.

Then we walked to the teeter. I lowered it and had him go over it. He decided he didn't like that bang and wanted to bail. I supported him through several times and put a line of cookies on it. He's not real confident yet, so I'll continue a lot of support on the teeter.

For his dinner, I put the food bowl on the ground and continued our work on heeling around the bowl. But I also added pivots around the bowl. Very, very little loss of focus. He's getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment