Saturday, January 1, 2011

Little sessions

I just did little random training sessions throughout the day today.

I learned that if I drop a treat and ask him to touch my right hand, he can. But if I drop a treat and ask him to touch my left hand, he just stares at the treat. His right side always needs more training than his left side.

We played with take it like we did with the touch with distraction. One open hand with treats, the other hand with the dumbbell. I told him to take it, and he took the dumbbell. I also held the dumbbell in different places - by my side, up high, down low, behind me - and asked him to take it. He had to think on the one that was high.

We played tug games with the new rules from Foundation Fundamentals.

I worked on distance sits and downs. He can do down from 6 feet away, but has trouble with sit. So that's an area that needs work.

I put him on the exercise egg and did some work on it. He jumps right on and isn't worried at all. He does have to work to maintain his balance while turning, but that's what we're working on with the egg.

And I bought him a ball that talks to him. It says things like, "Hot diggity dog!" "Come here puppy!" "Yeah baby!" "Oh no!" "I'm gonna' get you!" "Ouch, don't do that!" He likes that ball, and likes to make it talk. . . all the time.

I also bought some new tug toys, but he doesn't get those until I'm ready to play with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment