Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jump into my arms. . .

Zane and I are working on getting him to jump into my arms. Bella will do it, but it came about accidentally from another game she plays. Zane doesn't play the same game, so I have to figure out how to get him to do it.

I started off sitting in a chair and asked him to jump into my lap. Of course he can do that! He loves it! Then I put a pillow in the chair so I was sitting a little more upright and asked him to jump. Little by little, I've added another pillow and another pillow, pushing me more and more into a standing position.

I'm not all the way standing yet, and I find he does better if I have my legs offset, but he is starting to get the idea.

The main problem with doing this? His claws on my neck! He jumps up and grabs on, and my neck is showing the result of those claws digging in! I think as he gets more comfortable with this, he'll trust me to catch him without having to catch himself.

Next trick to work: teaching him to jump on my back!

No comments:

Post a Comment