Friday, January 14, 2011

Catching up for the week

I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday! Let's see if I can get it all caught up.

Tuesday morning we went to Rally practice. Zane got to do the course. It was an excellent level course, but I kept him on-leash and didn't do the jumps. He's at that stage where he's forgotten things, so I'm back to retraining. All dog learn, forget, learn it again, then know it. One of the things he's forgotten is his rear pivot. Huh? He was awesome at that. So the pot is back out and we're working it again. He did the honor and held it although his BC buddy, Rusty, was on the course.


Wednesday we worked contacts on the "big" equipment. He's not going over the equipment, I'm simply putting him in position and rewarding him for staying there while I move around.

Thursday we went to obedience practice. We worked on a lot of heeling. That morning for his breakfast, he did NOT want to get into heel position and sit there. He kept getting on the fireplace mantle and getting in two-on-two-off. "Look, I can do that! I don't wanna' do that." At the park, he would get into heel position with no problem. No, I don't know why. I'm starting to push him away and have him fight to get back into heel. He thinks it's great fun. We did some recalls - we've only done "front" from close, so that was a new experience for him. I need to work on this, slowly getting farther away. He seemed a little lost.

Friday we were back at the park. A friend was the witness as he met the requirements for his Novice Trick Dog Title! Woohoo! It's been sent in, so soon he'll be official.

There's the chihuahua at practice that he likes. Today he held his stay while she went running past him. It was hard. . . but he did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment