Friday, January 28, 2011

Silly boy

This morning, Zane just couldn't get his head around working. "I'm hungry!" When he's like that, he can be a little too enthusiastic. He'll get in heel, then immediately bounce out. When we stop on our heel, he can't sit - he bounces to front. These are all good opportunities to build more self-control in him. He did settle down and work - that's the fastest way to get the food after all.

After working heeling a bit, I switched to having him paw target my foot. Eventually I'll turn this into a trick with the cue, "Who's the boss." But I started playing with it today in a different way. I sat on the couch. I'd lift one foot and have him paw target with his paw on that side. Then I'd lift the other foot and have him paw target with the paw on that side. At first he had trouble switching paws, but then got the hang of it. I can turn this into the marching in place in tandem. I can picture him doing it in front, or while doing it while between my legs.

A bit later I pulled out the hoop. I had it a little higher and wanted to see if he'd put some effort into it. He still only wants to jump from left to right - need to work on the other way. Bella was the star of the hoop jumping - she was leaping high and jumping clean. Baby Dog Zane will get there. He's full of enthusiasm - he just needs to figure out how his body works at times. The funniest was when Bella jumped through and landed on him. They're such clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment