Saturday, January 22, 2011

*Don't* get the paper

When I went out to feed this morning, I took the camera with me. I wanted to video either Travis or Zane getting the paper for me. Well, that was a big bust. One got the paper, dropped it long before they got to me, then they kept running back and forth right over the paper. When Travis did finally pick it up, Zane took it, then Travis took it back, etc, etc. I'm lucky I had a paper in the end!

So here you get to see Zane being Zane, no training, just having fun. He is getting kind of pushy with Travis - he thinks he wants to be top dog. Ha!



The past couple of days I have really tortured Zane. At meal time I take his food outside, put it on the ground and put him on leash. I make him heel past and around the food. If he pulls forward or loses attention on me, we go back to the beginning and start over. It's torture!! But he does get it. And what a great proofing exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment